Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Run a 5k!

It's not as hard as it sounds! Brianna joined a local running club, Girls on the Run. They run every week and build strength and endurance, and they also teach the girls about confidence and self-empowerment. At the end of the year they ran a 5k together.  When they said Brianna needed a running buddy for the 5k I was skeptical. I didn't want to run. But Brianna begged me to do it with her so I agreed. To my surprise I found it was actually fun! We have done 3 so far, and we have improved our time with each one. Now, I don't run the entire time. I haven't worked up to that yet. I power walk through some of it. (Ok, a lot of it!) But the kids don't leave me behind, even though I tell them they can. They could get a lot faster time if they weren't waiting on me! But they stick with me, cause they love me! It's a great way to spend time together, plus it keeps us healthy!


Yes this is Miss America Betty Cantrell! We ran on her team for our first 5K! Brianna was representing Miss Heart of the USA.




No comments:

Post a Comment